Spread the Word
Download Take the Stairs Signs and post by your stairs and elevators.
1. It’s a free workout.
- Stair climbing can be accumulated across the course of the day, making a significant contribution to 30 minutes of daily physical activity.
- Plus, you can do this exercise anywhere. You don’t need any special equipment for it.
2. Improves your heart health.
- Climbing the stairs for just two minutes several times a day can lower total cholesterol and raise “good” cholesterol.
3. It can be faster than taking the elevator.
- Especially during peak times.
- Who wants to sit around and wait for an elevator all day, “Not Me!”
4. You burn five times more calories than taking the elevator.
- And twice as many calories as most other sports or activities!
- An average person loses 10 calories per minute while climbing the stairs.
5. It’s good for your legs.
- Stair climbing increases leg power and reduces the risk of injury.
6. Helps you to breathe better.
- Stair climbing is a form of exercise and any form of exercise is good for your lungs.
7. Relieves stress and tension.
- Stair climbing helps relieve negative feelings in the same way running does – by releasing endorphins.
8. Climbing the stairs helps you to live longer.
- Studies show that people who climbed 55 flights per week had lower risk of heart problems.
9. Increases your level of confidence.
- Because stair climbing is an activity with which we are all familiar, people have a high level of confidence in their ability to participate.
- Plus, it makes you healthier and who doesn’t gain confidence from that?
10. Helps you to build and maintain healthy bones and muscles.
- And lose weight too.
- Even 2 flights of stairs climbed per day can lead to a 6 lb. weight loss over one year.