Military & Veterans in Arlington
The Arlington County Military and Veterans Affairs Committee (MVAC) was established by the County Manager to support and strengthen the relationship between local active duty, local veterans community, Arlington County government, County residents and the local business community. Learn more about MVAC.
Pulling together the resources in our community provides unity of effort in recognizing and supporting our active duty military population, our veterans, and their families.
Living in Arlington
Census 2020: Arlington’s Veterans Count
- Most military households will be responsible for submitting their own 2020 Census form.
- Members of the military will be counted with their household if that is where they live, but active duty service members may face some special circumstances.
- Learn more about military households and the Census here.
- Check out the U.S. Census Bureau’s military fact sheet for more information on how to be counted!
Looking for a new job or career move? Need to fine-tune your skills? We are your first stop on the path to a great job.
- Arlington County Veteran Services
- Arlington County Employment Opportunities
- Arlington Employment Center
- USO World Headquarters
Headquarters to several agencies and businesses:
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Transportation Security Administration
Arlington County has numerous award winning schools. Check out the Arlington County Public Schools page to find out more where the your neighborhood school is including detailed information on each school.
- Pre-K Choices: Arlington Public Schools has 3 pre kindergarten choices
- Elementary School Choices: Arlington Public Schools has 23 elementary schools, which include neighborhood schools and countywide/area schools with a specific admissions process
- Middle Schools Choices: Arlington Public Schools has 5 middle schools as well as 1 alternative secondary program.
- High Schools Choices: Arlington Public Schools has 3 high schools including 6 secondary programs.