The County is committed to the principles of open, accessible, efficient and transparent government. We are dedicated to serving the public and making available our deliberations, decisions and actions. Providing quick and easy access to County information assures confidence in government, creates opportunities for collaboration with the community, inspires third party innovation and encourages the development of new programs and services.
Featured Information Sources
County datasets in consumable formats. This portal provides users an opportunity to analyze and visualize raw data from many angles and for various innovative purposes.
A geographic information system (GIS) lets individuals visualize, question, analyze, and interpret data to understand relationships, patterns, and trends. Arlington County’s GIS produces a variety of maps for many different uses.
Community records containing permanent or enduring value. This repository provides access to historical documents that narrate the history of Arlington County, its residents, organizations, and social issues.
Government records containing permanent or enduring value. This repository provides access to the records of Arlington County Government.
- What is Metadata?
- Is There Such a Thing as Being “Done” Publishing Open Data?
- What Is the Open Data Advisory Group?
- Capital Projects within Department of Environmental Services Dataset – Published
- Trade Names Dataset – Published
- ArlingtonVA Service Requests (Android and iOS) – report problems and submit service requests
- My Arlington (Android and iOS) – stay informed about Arlington County events, news, Metro alerts, building permits and much more
Other Information Sources
- 2010 Census results
- Arlington County Profile
- Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth & Families reports
- Arlington Transit (ART)
- Bike and pedestrian counters
- Building energy report cards
- Building permits
- Capital Bikeshare
- Capital Bikeshare “Suggest a Station” Crowdsourcing Map
- Comprehensive Financial Reports (CAFR)
- County Board meetings
- Crime data
- Economic indicators
- Mobility Lab research catalog
- Property data
- Resident Satisfaction Survey
- Transportation benefits by building
- Arlington Prepares Mobile App (retired) (special license) for Android and iOS – was built with Sencha Touch and packaged as a native iOS and Android app with PhoneGap
- Bikeshare Trip History (GPLv3) – utilities for working with Capital Bikeshare trip history data
- GAS WordPress (GPLv3) – plugin for adding Google Analytics on Steroids to a WordPress site
- GSA Export (GPLv3) – export a Google Search Appliance configuration to an XML file