Follow our blog for dataset announcements.
|Title||Tree planting data|
I am seeking information on the survival rates of trees (e.g., how many survive to 1, 5, 10 years):
The primary goal of the County's Urban Forest Master Plan is to improve the county's urban forest canopy coverage. To that end, Arlington spends thousands of dollars each year to plant trees along streets, in parks and at County facilities, and via the Tree Canopy Fund, in private yards. To comply with the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Ordinance, Arlington requires replanting of trees at a certain replacement rate (with the goal of achieving a determined % canopy coverage) by developers and homeowners.
I plan to use it to figure out how interested members of the community can work with County staff to improve efforts to stem the drastic loss of the tree County's tree canopy
|County Staff Notes|
This dataset contains public trees planted and removed by the Department of Parks and Recreation. The County is working to collect and publish data regarding the location of the planted and removed trees. The dataset also includes all trees removed, preserved and planted by private entities to meet the requirements of the Chesapeake Bay Ordinance and acreage and % coverage of tree canopy.
- Received: awaiting review
- Under Review: under consideration to assess availability and appropriateness of making public
- Approved: accepted for public access and being prepared
- Duplicate: addressed by another dataset or request
- Rejected: determined to be ineligible for open data access
- Published: available in the open data portal