Follow our blog for dataset announcements.
|Title||Parking Meter Usage|
Arlington County provides a map of all the parking meters -- single and multi-space -- here:
As a complement to this map, it would be useful to have usage data -- this could be used to help study and understand demand for metered parking within the county. I know that, with the newer Cale multi-space meters, this should be possible, but I'm not as sure if all the single-space meters are capable of giving better/more granular usage data.
Ideally, the data included in this set would be exportable as the standard CSV/XML/JSON, and a single row/object would include at least the following information:
The current meter map is neat, but it doesn't provide much in the way of usable data. Having information on meter usage would help residents and business owners have a better understanding of what parking meter usage and demand looks like within the county, and could help inform better decisions on where and how to include and price metered parking in the future.
|County Staff Notes|
Open data is being compiled and it will be able to be published.
- Received: awaiting review
- Under Review: under consideration to assess availability and appropriateness of making public
- Approved: accepted for public access and being prepared
- Duplicate: addressed by another dataset or request
- Rejected: determined to be ineligible for open data access
- Published: available in the open data portal