Follow our blog for dataset announcements.
|Title||Vehicles subject to personal property tax|
I was hoping for a list of values for vehicles subject to the personal property tax. No other identifying information requested, and top coding of the value of vehicles above a certain threshold (maybe $150,000) to protect privacy. No other identifying information requested, although a very rough geographic identifier (civic association?) could be put to good use as well.
This is useful to help predict how changes in the tax rate will pass through to personal property tax revenues. With rough geographical identifiers, we could make inference on the distributional effects of this tax (is it regressive or progressive, how it affects different demographic groups, etc), to better understand who this tax impacts and how badly it impacts them.
|County Staff Notes|
The system containing the information requested is undergoing an upgrade due for completion in May 2020. Consequently, we cannot dedicate the necessary resources to this request at this time, however after the upgrade we will re-evaluate this data request.
- Received: awaiting review
- Under Review: under consideration to assess availability and appropriateness of making public
- Approved: accepted for public access and being prepared
- Duplicate: addressed by another dataset or request
- Rejected: determined to be ineligible for open data access
- Published: available in the open data portal