A dumpster permit gives contractors or residents permission to park a dumpster on the street.
- All transportation right-of-way (TROW) permits must be applied for in person.
- Permit processing requires a minimum of 72 business hours from the date of submission.
- Placement of a dumpster in the driveway or on private property must have the approval of the Zoning Division.
Additional Information Required
- Applicant’s name, address and phone number.
- Dumpster company name, address and phone number.
- Date and number of calendar days the dumpster is needed.
- Exact address or location of the placement.
- Dimensions of dumpster.
- Any parking meter numbers or locations affected (bus stops, taxi stands, loading zones, car share spaces, etc.) if applicable.
- No permit can be issued where it would conflict with a current permit holder for the same location, or any event or business in the area.
- Dumpsters must be parked against the curb and not extend into the travel lane or obstruct driveways, stop signs or fire hydrants, or be placed closer than 20 feet from street corners.
- Permittee is required at all times to sufficiently protect the dumpster with the use of reflective tape and/or reflective cones at the ends and area around the dumpster.
- See the TROW permit guide for application instructions, including requirements related to work hours, safety devices, hazardous weather and permit expiration.