A moving van permit gives residents permission to park a moving van or truck on the street.
- All transportation right-of-way (TROW) permits must be applied for in person.
- Permit processing requires a minimum of 72 business hours from the date of submission.
Additional Information Required
- Applicant’s name, address and phone number.
- Moving company name, address and phone number (if applicable).
- Date and number of calendar days needed.
- Exact address or location.
- Dimensions of van or truck.
- Linear feet (this includes space for parking the vehicle, ramps and loading area).
- Any parking meter numbers or locations affected (bus stops, taxi stands, loading zones, car share spaces, etc.) if applicable.
- $36.70 application fee, plus any parking meter closures. View the fee schedule.
- Parking must not be restricted for more than two days.
- The moving van or truck must be parked against the curb and not extend into the travel lane or obstruct driveways, stop signs or fire hydrants, or be placed closer than 20 feet from street corners.
- Permittee is required at all times to sufficiently protect the moving van or truck with the use of reflective tape and/or reflective cones at the ends and area around the vehicle.
- No permit can be issued where it would conflict with a current permit holder for the same location, or any event or business in the area.
- See the TROW permit guide for application instructions.