Parking or Operating Construction Equipment
This includes, but isn’t limited to, the parking or operation of construction equipment, trailers, dumpsters, buses, cranes, and loading or unloading within the county right of way like parking lanes, vehicular travel lanes and sidewalks.
- $40 base fee for one day, and each additional day or portion thereof charged at $4
If parking meters aren’t impacted, add one of the following fees to the base fee:
- 60 cents per linear foot, per lane, per day for major or minor arterial streets
35 cents per linear foot, per lane, per day for non-arterial streets within or adjacent to the following General Land Use Plan categories:
- Residential medium
- Residential medium-high
- Residential high
- Service commercial
- Service industry
- Government and community facilities
- All offices, apartments and hotels
- All mixed-use
- 10 cents per linear foot, per lane, per day for all other streets
If parking meters are impacted, add applicable parking meter closure fees to the base fee.
Parking of Moving Vans and Portable Storage Devices
This includes temporary parking (two day maximum) for moving vans, moving trucks or portable storage devices* where parking is prohibited or the parking lane will be impacted because of a permit.
- $34 per permit plus any applicable parking meter closure fees
This fee includes the posting of two temporary “no parking” signs at the location. Additional signs at a cost of $1.25 each may be required per staff review.
*Note: Portable storage devices that will be parked on the street for more than two days will be assessed fees per the construction equipment fee above. No portable storage devices may be parked for more than 30 days.
Block Party Permits
- $34 per permit plus $5 per barricade/cone
Block parties typically require a minimum of six barricades at a cost of $30. Additional barricades may be required per staff review.
Special Event Permits
For larger events of more than 150 people that have the effect, intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers, call the special events hotline (703-228-4232) or the special event coordinator (703-228-1876) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking Meter Closure
The following fees apply where parking meters exist and are impacted:
- $15 per day for each parking meter with a time limit of 4 hours or less
- $11 per day for each parking meter with a time limit of more than 4 hours
- County removal of parking meters: $50 per parking meter