Immigration Resources: Welcome to Arlington’s diverse and inclusive community.
We welcome everyone who has made Arlington County their home. Our community provides a variety of programs and services for new immigrants and other residents who need assistance. This page is also available en español.
On behalf of the Board, and in response to questions and concerns that we have heard from the community, we want to reaffirm our commitment that Arlington County will remain inclusive and welcoming. Read the Board’s affirmation.
The role of Arlington County law enforcement is to keep our community safe, not to enforce federal immigration laws. The Arlington County Police will continue to work with residents, civic associations and others to maintain strong relationships vital to public safety. Learn more about the County’s enforcement policies.
There are many resources* to learn about your rights, as well as information about the official path to Citizenship.
- Know Your Rights Seminars
- Arlington Human Rights Commission and Complaint Forms
- National Immigration Law Center
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Immigration Legal Resource Center (ILRC)
- United We Dream
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
The following organizations* assist immigrants in need of legal help and other services.
- CAIR – Capital Area Immigrants Rights Coalition
- Just Neighbors (Immigration Legal Services)
- Northern Virginia Family Services
- More organizations that can provide legal assistance and other services
- County Manager Statement on Immigration (Feb. 27, 2017) | en español
- Arlington County Public Schools Letter (March 2, 2017) | en español
- County Manager Letter to Arlington County Employees on Immigration (March 10, 2017)
- FAQ on Immigration for Arlington County Employees (March 10, 2017)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Guidance Regarding School Division Responsibilities and Actions Under the Law in Reference to Students and Immigration
- White House Presidential Executive Order: Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security MEMO: Implementing the President’s Border Security Immigration Enforcement Improvement Policies
- White House Presidential Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Memo: Enforcement of the Immigration Laws to Serve the National Interest
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Memo: Implementing the President’s Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements Policies
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security/ICE Memo: Enforcement Actions at or Focused on Sensitive Locations
*This page contains links to several resources and organizations outside of Arlington County Government. The presence of these links does not imply, and should not be interpreted as endorsement, sanction, approval or authorization of these sites or their content. Arlington County Government makes no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the content or accuracy of any material on any external website links.