Users can connect to the County’s wireless network by choosing the “ArlingtonWireless” from various locations around Arlington.
Wi-Fi Hotspots Around Arlington
- Shirlington (after joining the wireless network, you’ll see a link to the Village at Shirlington homepage for the latest happenings)
- Courthouse area, along Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards between Veitch Street and Washington Boulevard in Clarendon
- All eight Arlington County Public Library locations
- These Community Centers have Arlington Wireless access: Arlington Mill, Aurora Hills, Barcroft, Fairlington, Lee, Lubber Run, Madison, and Walter Reed
- These joint-use Community Centers APS-Arlington wireless (restricts access to support youth): Carver, Charles Drew, Gunston, Langston-Brown and Thomas Jefferson
- The Hendry House at Ft. CF Smith
Use Caution on Wi-Fi Networks
Be careful with your personal data when on a Wi-Fi network. When entering usernames, passwords or other sensitive data, InfoSecurity magazine article suggests using only secure connections, on sites that start with https:// instead of http://.
More About Arlington Wireless
Arlington’s public access Wi-Fi initiative leverages the County’s information technology infrastructure by providing no-cost Internet access in places where the community gathers. Contact the Department of Technology Services with questions.